Monday, December 3, 2012

51 weeks

For the last couple weeks, I've had the same thought a lot.  That thought is: a year ago at this time I was very pregnant and getting ready to do x, y, and z.  I can't believe that our litle Drew Bear is almost 1!  I really can't believe how fast this year has gone by.

Last week, we had another bug come through.  Fortunately, so far it seemed to only affect me.  Thursday morning I woke up sick.  I felt much better on Friday but still not all the way healthy.  Then Saturday night Drew seemed to be getting a cold and didn't sleep well.  He was of course in a good mood all weekend, just a little tired, like Momma, from a bad night's sleep.

We had a relatively laid back weekend...Drew wanted to read a lot this weekend.  I think I read the Puppy book about 80 times on Sunday.  Drew would find a book, walk (yes walk!) over to me on the couch and give it to me (or throw it at me).  Then he would lean against the couch like he was trying to climb up.  I picked him up, read the book (when he let me finish it).  Then he'd throw the book, get down and repeat the process. 

Here we are reading Big Dog Little Dog (Drew must only like the first half of this book because we never finished it in the 30 times we started it). 


I also showed Drew how his truck converts.  I think he liked scooting around on the truck.  He doesn't get yet how to go forward, but he can move backwards on it!

Here's Drew and Daddy doing some reading!

After this weekend, I decided Drew is officially walking.  He has been taking steps on his own for awhile now but only about 3 at a time.  Gradually he was adding more and more steps.  Well this weekend, he got around mainly walking.  He only seemed to crawl when he was in a hurry (like oh Mom's opening the refrigerator door, time to move, STAT!).  He walked from the kitchen to the family room a few times and also walked to Momma and Dadda quite a few times too.  Way to go, Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment