Monday, August 6, 2012

Toys!

The other day I was pretty excited to shop for some toys for Drew.  We have some toys for him, but I feel like not many (even though they seem to be all over!).  It just seems that as he grows, we need new toys for him to continue his development.  So I went shopping!

I found this car which rolls forward and pops the balls around in its top.  It's fun!  This is supposed to help develop crawling.  The point being that the car zooms ahead and the baby crawls after it.  Drew seems to like it so far.  Stella is not so excited about it though.

http://www.diapers.com/p/sassy-pop-n-push-cart-28104

I also found this car that can help Drew learn to walk.  When he's ready, he'll be able to push the car around and use it as support.  Then after that he can learn to ride the car!  I can't wait until we start playing with this!

Here Drew was helping me assemble the car.  He was pretty excited about it even before it was all put together!

Drew is playing with the car.  It's in the upright position so he can push it while he "walks" on his knees.  Usually he pushes it until it runs into something and doesn't roll any farther.  Then he'll play whereever it stopped.  He likes playing with all the little things on it too (a few things spin, the gear shift, the antenna!).


Drew was about as excited about his poppy car as he was with the box of diapers that I also bought.  He was mildly interested in the box that all these goodies came in, but that was only after I tried to get him to play with the box.  Brian, however, crawled into the box and was having fun.  Silly boys!


The last thing I got for him was this giraffe that you put balls in.  The giraffe will giggle and make sounds and the ball falls out the bottom.  Drew is mildly interested in the giraffe when it's giggling, but he really likes playing with the balls!  He hasn't figured out to put the balls in the giraffe, and he usually topples the giraffe over - like he doesn't like how tall the giraffe is!

No comments:

Post a Comment