Monday, July 30, 2012

Watch me go!

I know it's been awhile since the last blog post.  I've been dealing with mastitis and that really took me out of commission for awhile.

Drew has mastered crawling, and he is all over the place.  Now he is usually not content sitting in our lap, he'd much rather be on the floor playing and exploring.  This is making for one tired momma!  Drew is also pulling up to his knees.  He'll pull up to his knees pretty much anytime he can find something to pull up on.  Usually this is our coffee table.  We have an area set up for him with all of his toys.  About half the time, he'll be content playing in this area and checking everything out.  The other half of the time, he wants to explore.  Sometimes he goes for the dogs' water dish and other times and takes off for our shoes or the window.  His stroller is folded up under the window and he really likes to play with that right now.  Also, if he sees Stella's bone, he'll take off after that as well.

Drew playing with his cup during his weekly picture.
Here is Drew using the bouncer to pull up to his knees.  He likes the view from his knees!


The coffee table is where Drew pulls up a majority of the time.  When he's on his knees, the edge of the coffee tables come to his mouth so he's also been gumming the table edge as well.  He has fun playing with his toys on the coffee table too.  Sometimes I will hold him up so he's standing at the coffee table.  He thinks this is extra awesome!


Drew's becoming a little picky when it comes to food now!  He used to love peas and about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't get him to eat his peas for dinner.  I was thinking it was because he had a cold or maybe was teething and lost his appetite.  Well, turns out this wasn't true.  We think he is getting too used to the sweet fruit.  So now he's getting carrots or sweet potatoes for lunch.  Then for dinner we give him something green (peas, garden veggies), but we have to put a little pear on the spoon too so he'll eat it!  It works though because since we've made the change, he's been eating a fairly good dinner.  He's been eating a full jar (4 oz) at lunch mixed with cereal.  Then for dinner he'll eat anywhere between 1/3 jar to a whole jar!  (Or nothing when he was snubbing his peas!).

Over the weekend, I mashed up a little banana and gave it to Drew.  This was his first "real" food!  He HATED it!  It must not be sweet enough for him, the stinker!  The first bite he made his "This is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted" face (this is extra funny considering the little guy puts everything in his mouth!).  So we tried a few more bites of sweet potato and then another bite of the banana.  Same face!  And this time, he decided he was going to regurgitate it back out instead of swallowing it.  Oh little man - you are a silly guy!

He also likes to take the spoon when he's done eating, and chew on it or play with it.  I let him do this while I clean up.  I let him play with the spoon until he drops (throws) it on the floor which he always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment