Monday, July 2, 2012

Exciting Weekend!

Wow!  What a weekend for the Lusbys!  Saturday morning we learned that Mr Drew has two teeth now!  Not one, but two!  His bottom two front teeth have poked through his gums.  He's also getting over a cold so I guess the last two weeks of fussiness were due to teeth and the cold!  After the teeth poked through we finally had our sweet happy Drew Bear back!  He also has his appetite back!

Over the weekend, we also realized that Drew has mastered the sign for milk (opening and closing of the hand).  Brian mentioned that he thought on Friday, Drew was signing milk when Brian was getting his bottle ready.  Over the weekend, we were positive that he had it down.  When I went to him after his morning nap on Saturday, he was signing milk.  And then over the weekend, whenever I was getting ready to nurse him (like getting my nursing pillow ready) he would start signing it.  So we're pretty sure he has it figured out.  The last few weeks, I had seen Drew investigating his hand.  I hadn't seen him study his hand like that since he was tiny and was learning that he had hands.  Now I think he was studying his hand to make sure he making the same gesture that he sees Momma and Dadda do when we say milk!

I thought maybe we'd hit a trifecta this weekend, and that Drew would master crawling as well.  But not yet!  He's super close.  He's doing what I call the worm.  He'll get up on all four, lounge forward, then pull his knees and butt in behind him.  Then do it all over again.  He covers quite some ground this way.  He's close!

Our little boy is growing up before our eyes!  I can't get over how big he looks in these pictures!







2 comments:

  1. OMG I know I just saw him this past weekend, but he looks soooo big in those pics! So grown up! Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! He's growing up so fast! It's craziness.

    ReplyDelete