Drew earned his wings this weekend! Last Thursday, we left for Las Cruces, NM. Brian's 10 year high school reunion was that weekend plus it was a good opportunity for Drew to hang out with his Grandma Pat as well as meet his Uncle Justin.
Drew was a champ for the flight. We were a little delayed leaving Houston, but other than that we didn't have any travel troubles. Drew just got comfy on Brian's lap and fell asleep for most of the flight!
Here I'm holding Drew after his in-flight nap.
It was kinda late by the time we got to Pat's house, especially for Drew. He was asleep when we got there, but woke up shortly after arriving. He didn't know where he was and Brian and I were upstairs getting his bed ready so he was a little frightened when he first woke up. But after a good night's sleep, he was ready to go the next day!
Love that smile!
Pat's dad (Drew's great-granddad) also went with us, so here's a picture of 4 generations!
It was also fun because Drew got to meet his Uncle Justin for the first time. Justin was a little hesitant about holding Drew, but he looks like a natural!
Here's the Lusby boys:
I wanted to get in on the pictures too! I figure we have to get our family pictures when we can!
Here's Justin's dog, Fester. He's sleeping in the cats' bed but it looks like he doesn't quite fit!
We left early Monday morning and had another good flight with Drew. It was a little more difficult for Drew to get comfortable on this flight, but he still managed to find a good spot and fell asleep on Brian again for about half the flight. He was pretty tired when we landed though and had a melt down when I tried to change his diaper. I ended up nursing him while Brain got our checked bags and that calmed him down (nothing worse than being tired AND hungry -geesh!). He was fine after that for the rest of the traveling. Once we got home, Drew was ready for a nap. He was pretty excited to see his room and his crib and took a good ol' nap in his bed! He was also ready for bed that night and was still excited to be back in his bed! I know the feeling!
Brian also picked up the puppies Monday afternoon. They were also excited to be home and sleeping in their bed! They were pretty excited to see Drew too and he got quite the foot licking from Stella when she got home!
Hopefully our next trip goes as smoothly as this one did!
No comments:
Post a Comment