After about a month of feeding Drew cereal in the evenings, we decided it was time to try some jarred baby food. Tuesday night we gave Drew some peas. I was totally expecting a funny face after the first bite since it was something new, but this little guy acted like it was nothing new! I could have just been feeding him more cereal from the way he acted! He liked the peas and ate about a 1/3 of the little jar. I think he would have eaten more but I like to start small. Here are the pictures from that night! By the end, Drew's face was green because he pretty much had peas everywhere.
Normal eating procedure for Drew is to take a bite of food and then suck his thumb. I think he may do this to help him swallow it? Or maybe he just doesn't like the delay between spoonfuls?
Happy about peas!
We've given Drew peas three nights in a row now with no problems. We finished the jar last night so tonight we will be trying a new food. I think Drew may also be having a growth spurt this week. He just acts like he can't get enough to eat these past few days. Last night I gave him his peas and he was still hungry (and he already nursed), so I ended up making him some cereal too. He was pretty mad when it was all gone so I ended up making him a little more cereal which he of course ate all up. Even after that though he was still hungry and needed to nurse a little more. Finally after that, he was back to his smiley happy self!
No comments:
Post a Comment