This past Saturday, we gave Drew some water in a hybrid sippy cup. I was a little worried that he was dehydrated from being on the boat all afternoon so we thought Saturday was the perfect time to try giving him some water! He acted like a pro right from the beginning. The cup I found is specifically for transitioning from the bottle to a regular sippy cup. I think Drew still has to suck some to get the water out. He knew right away to grab the handles on the cup and knew to put it in his mouth! I think he just got a little water out the first time.
Here is Drew's second try with the sippy cup. He did a lot better the second time, but after a few minutes of messing with it, I think he was starting to get frustrated with it. I think in general Drew gets it, but it's still hard for him to tip the cup far enough back to get to the water.
Last night I gave Drew the sippy cup for the third time, and he did really well with it. He ended up with quite a bit of water on his shirt and a little on his face, but I think he actually drank some too! He realized that he needed to lean back on this attempt! He's such a fast learner!
No comments:
Post a Comment