In August, I did a post on the different words that I think of when it comes to Drew. I haven't forgotten the comment that I missed handsome! Well I think this picture from Alexia's wedding when Drew was as dressed up as he's even been, is a good example of handsome!
You may notice in the above picture that Drew's foot is coming out of his right shoe. We don't put shoes on Drew very often but when we do they don't stay on very long at all. I forsee this becoming an issue in the very near future as he starts walking.
Well we had another fun weekend! On Saturday, we went to our friend Lucy's birthday party - she's one year old now! Drew was born 7 weeks after Lucy so that means Drew's birthday is right around the corner - eek!
Maybe you remember that Drew has access to our tupperware cabinet (as a result our tupperware is worse for the wear...). Well he was playing in there a lot this weekend. In general, it was a good idea to give him a cabinet. When he wants to play in the kitchen, he'll crawl in there and throw open this door. He rarely tries to open any other cabinet now. He knows this one is his and the others are locked. (But watch out, if any of the other ones are opened when he's around, because he will crawl in that direction and he has some speed now!)
He's so silly! It cracks me up that he crawls in there. This cabinet is just his size.
Clever! Drew is so clever. We have a basket for all of the dogs' toys and bones. Well as soon as Drew started crawling we had to get creative about where to put the basket so that Stella could still get to her bones but Drew would stay out of it. After a few attempts, I finally put it in a corner and put one of our chairs in front of it. It worked. Stella was able to navigate the chair legs and still get her stuff and it kept Drew out. Well that changed this weekend. I think he saw Stella do this enough times, that he figured he could do it too.
Drew was also showing his resourcefullness this weekend. He likes to get to the TV stand and try to pull off the DVDs or remotes or whatever else is there. We had done a good job at essentially keeping the area barricaded with his toys. Well this weekend, he decided he'd just use his bouncer as a stool. This has trouble written all over it!
Sweet! Drew is my little sweetie pie. Awhile back, I was laying on the floor and Brian, and Stella were ganging up on me (we were all playing). Brian told Drew to help them and get me (crawl on me!). Well Drew started crying! He didn't like that everyone was getting his momma! But he's starting to get the hang of the game and this weekend he was crawling all over me! Fun times!
No comments:
Post a Comment