Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Going Bananas!

Bananas!  I had given Drew some fresh banana before, but he never seemed that interested in it.  When I picked Drew up from school last Thursday, his teacher told me that she gave him some banana.  I guess some of the other kids were having a snack, and Drew was very interested in what they were eating.  His teacher said that he liked it!

So for breakfast on Friday I decided I'd give Drew some banana.  I had one that was pretty ripe so it seemed perfect.  Drew got really excited when he saw the banana and ate it right up! He had already had some other jarred fruit, but he ate about 1/2 the banana!  He had the rest of the banana for lunch. 

Anytime I got a banana out for this this weekend, he would get really excited!  For one meal, I was getting ready to throw the peel away (the rest of the banana was waiting on the table for him), and Drew was so upset I was getting rid of his banana!  I think he really likes that it's something he can feed himself too.

After the success of the bananas, I wanted to try some more "real" foods.  I boiled up a sweet potato for him for dinner on Sunday.  He wasn't too interested though.  We'll try again though.

Here is the aftermath from bananas for breakfast!  (Yes, that's a chunk of banana by his eye).




No comments:

Post a Comment