Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Steps

Last Friday, Drew finally took a step without holding onto anything!  For a few weeks now he has been standing on his own on occasion. I'm not entirely sure he realized he was doing it.  He would be holding on to the coffee table (or something similar) and then lean back usually with a toy in his hand.  Then he'd lose his balance after a minute and either sit down or grab the table again.

Then the week before last, there were two occasions were I was pretty sure he took a step on his own, but it was so short, quick, it was hard to tell.  One time he was standing next to me and it seemed like he took a step toward Heineken and then used her to balance.

Well last Friday was the real deal!  All three of us were in the kitchen.  I was sitting on the floor and Drew was at the refrigerator (using it for balance).  I asked him to walk to me and put out my hands so that he wouldn't have too far to go.  It took him two steps (one whole stride) to meet me, but he did it!  Then he walked to Brian (about the same distance).  After that, Brian asked does that count!  I said heck yeah it counts!  And Drew just to show Dadda that he meant it walked from me to Brian all on his own!

Here's a video!  Let me know if you have any problems with it, but I think it should just play when you click on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment