Monday, October 8, 2012

So In Love

It seems that everyday, Drew finds a new way to amuse and inspire me.  I just love this little guy so much.  It's fun to see his personality develop as he learns new activities and frustrations!  Drew likes to push anything and everything around.  He's been pushing his truck around for awhile now, but it seems recently he realized he could apply the same thing to really any moveable object.  Most recently, he decided he wanted to rearrange the kitchen chairs!

Usually when Drew is pushing his truck (or in this case the chair), he realizes that when it stops because it's stuck, he can move to a different side of the object and push it in a new direction.  Occasionally (specifically if he's tired or hungry), getting stuck will send him into a meltdown.  The other day I couldn't help but laugh when he got the chair stuck on the carpet, sat down and cried.  He didn't really appreciate that I was laughing and that made him cry harder.  Instead of caving in though, I tried to show him how he could push from the other side.  Clearly this time he was too tired to be patient with me, but he did settle for some snuggle time and before long he forgot how he was so mad at the chair and we were off finding new toys to play with.



Occasionally, we will put Drew in his playard.  Usually he doesn't mind it, as it's filled with toys and it's usually only for a short time.  Lately, he realized how fun smooshy faces are...


Ever since Drew started eating bananas (or devouring bananas is more like it), I've been wanting to find other real foods that he likes.  I like giving him real foods for a few reasons.  One, a fresh peice of fruit is way better than anything in a jar!  And the other big advantage is that Drew can feed himself.  This is huge especially if I would like to eat my meal at the same time.  Well this weekend, I tried mango (and peach and honeydew, but not at the same time) and it was not very successful (I think his face in the picture below says it all!).  We'll keep trying though!


Sunday we had a "cold" spell come through!  The high was only 72!  Yeah for fall!  So when Drew and I went for our walk, I thought he should probably wear a jacket (and socks).  He was not very fond of having something around his wrists and kept grabbing at the jacket.  But we thought he looked ridicously cute in his little soccer warmup jacket!


Speaking of Drew getting frustrated...lately he's been put off with the fact that he can't get into the kitchen cabinets.  It really angers him!  We left our tupperware cabinet un-childproofed and still let him play in there.  It took him awhile to figure out which cabinet was still open, but now I think he's got it.  Yesterday afternoon, he crawled into the kitchen and swung open the cabinet.  He played with the containers for a good 15 minutes!  He also liked opening and closing the door quite a few times.  Apparently, Drew had a better way to sort the lids.  All the lids ended up in a bowl on the upper shelf in the cabinet.  Silly guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment