Saturday, November 9, 2013

Halloween

Halloween was extra special this year as it was Drew's first year to dress up.  He was dressed as Buzz Lightyear!  All week we were practicing saying "trick or treat" and we explained to Drew what would happen.  On Wednesday, I decided to get out his costume to make sure it fit and just get him used to it.  Drew was excited to try it on, but didn't want to wear it very long.  I think it might have been a little warm for him.

Thursday ended up being a very rainy day but lucky for us the rained cleared before it got dark so we went out trick-or-treating as planned.  Since this was our first halloween in our new house I wasn't sure what to expect!

Drew was excited to put his costume on and then he was ready to go.  We all went to a few houses together, then I left the boys so I could hand out candy at our house.  Drew did very well.  He had to be prompted to say "trick-or-treat" at each house, but he did very well with his thank yous and byes.  He trick-or-treated for almost an hour which was a lot longer than I expected!

It was also a good opportunity for us to meet a lot of our neighbors!  All of the neighbors that we met seemed very nice, and I think we ended up in a really good neighborhood!

We let Drew have one peice of candy after trick or treating and before bed.  He didn't want to stop at just one though!  He had to take his candy up to his room with him that night.  And in the morning, when he woke up, he wouldn't take his eyes off of it!  I had a hard time explaining to him that he couldn't have candy before breakfast, but eventually we got the candy put away (out of sight, out of mind) without a meltdown.  For the most part, he seems to have forgotten about his candy bucket, but he definitely knows what the word candy means now.


No comments:

Post a Comment