Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ear Aches and Pink Medicine

Over the weekend, we saw some drainage in Drew's ear.  We weren't really sure what to think of it.  We initially thought it was just spit up that got into his ear while he was sleeping since we only saw it first thing in the morning.  Well yesterday the school called me and said that he had drainage, and they thought it was an ear infection.  I called the pediatrician and they were able to see Drew in the afternoon.  Luckily Brian didn't have classes so he could take him in because I was fairly tied up at work.

The doctor said that he had an ear infection in both ears and that his left ear drum ruptured which was why there was drainage.  My poor liltte baby.  Momma Bear got earaches all the time when she was a young cub so poor Drew inherited those from me.  I feel pretty bad for the little fella, but he is not acting sick at all.  He hasn't been very fussy, and we never saw him pull on his ear or anything.  I still feel bad for the little guy though.  He is now on antibiotics and ear drops so hopefully it clears up soon. 

Brian dropped the prescription off after the doctor and I picked it up on the way home from work.  This got me thinking about when I did have ear infections when I was little and the pink medicine I had to take for them.  I loved that stuff!  It tasted so yummy.  I was wondering if Drew was going to get the same stuff.  Turns out his isn't pink but white.  It also doesn't smell the same as mine did, but it does smell like bubblegum so maybe it's just as tasty.  I couldn't tell for sure, but I'm not sure Drew liked it all that much.

(This picture has nothing to do with the ear infections, but I think a post is incomplete without a picture or two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment