About a week or two ago, when I picked Drew up from daycare, his teacher said she had to talk to me! Uh oh! Turned out, she wanted to make sure I knew how smart Drew was - (of course!). She was telling me how he can do puzzles all by himself, and how he'll pick up a piece and study it and then decide where it goes. She couldn't believe that he was already able to do that. Well, this wasn't a surprise to me because we've been doing a lot of puzzles at home lately!
His Uncle Jason and Aunt Renee sent him two puzzles for Christmas. We didn't open them right away because they said 2+ and Drew had so MANY other toys (as well as another puzzle more suitable for his age), we figured we could put them back for a little while. I ended up opening the first one back in January. He was a little interested in it at that point since it was new, but them seemed to lose interest. It was still pretty tricky for him to put all the pieces in place. Then a couple of weeks ago, he really started to be into the puzzle. He was getting really good at it!
Last week I finally opened the second puzzle and ever since then Drew's been really playing with it! The ostrich gives him some trouble, but other than that it didn't take him very long to figure out at all!
We have been trying to get Drew outside every day. He plays outside at daycare twice a day and I think when he's home on the weekend, he misses this time. While I've been recovering, Drew and Dadda have gone out and played soccer or played with Stella. This past weekend, I took Drew out and we played with bubbles (an activity that doesn't involve chasing Drew!), and we also bought some sidewalk chalk and played with that.
On Sunday, Drew started shaking his head no! He still doesn't say no, but he figured out how to communicate it! He started when I was feeding him lunch, whatever I offered he didn't want! It's helpful that he can tell me no now (at least at meal times) so I don't end up making him something that he won't eat anyway.
Drew's also been playing with his stool a lot. A couple of weekends ago, I asked Brian to bring the stool out and show Drew how he can use that to get up on the couch (Drew's close to being able to climb up on the couch by himself - he just needs a little help!). That didn't really work, but Drew loves playing with the stool now! He will bring it out of the bathroom to the family room in the morning. The stool has a lid so he likes to take that off and put it back on. Then in the evening, if we go in to brush his teeth and the stool isn't there, he runs out to the family room and brings it in the bathroom! Such a cutie pie!
I definitely thought that now that Drew was over a year, his clothes would fit longer (after all they make clothes in 6 month increments for this year!), but I'm not sure that's the case. It seems that he's already growing out of this 12 months clothes (and has been for a month). He has started to wear 18 months clothes now - the shorts are still a little big. But all his pj's are 24 months! (I think they make pjs much smaller than normal clothes - they are always so tight on Drew). He also got new shoes and is wearing size 5!
Drew has also started showing some interest in the many stuffed animals that we have around. One of his favorites is a giraffe that sings the ABCs to him. Check out this short video (16 sec) of Drew dancing with the giraffe! (Have I mentioned that he's such a cutie!)
No comments:
Post a Comment