Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hello Heineken and Stella!

Recently we realized that Drew is starting to recognize the puppies.  Before he wouldn't pay any attention to them even as they licked his toes or got real close to his face.  Now he seems to stare at them more as if trying to figure out why they look different than Momma and Dadda.

In this picture, I imagine that he's just wondering why Heineken is so interested in his toes.  Maybe he's wondering if this is the same one that always licks his toes (it isn't - Stella is the toe licker!)


Drew's relationship with the puppies doesn't stop with toe licking though - Heineken is now regularly sleeping in Drew's room.  I wish I could know what Heineken is thinking when she sleeps in there...does she not like that everyone else is in our bedroom and Drew is all alone?  Maybe she prefers his company to ours.  Maybe she gets worried about him and feels safer if she's sleeping in there.  Who knows!

2 comments:

  1. Heineken def has a protective personality. She's just watching over her little brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so! Sometimes I think she gets mad at me when I don't get into his room fast enough when he starts crying. It's cute to see her be like that!

      Delete