Last weekend, my company (Chevron Phillips Chemical Co, LP) hosted a family day! This was the second annual event. Last year we celebrated in Kemah. This year was a little different as the event took place at a water park close to the plant.
It took us forever to decide if we would go or not. The event consisted of dinner from 6-8 and then entry into the park from 8 to midnight. Bedtime at our house is about 8 so I wasn't sure how this would work for the boys - mainly Landon as Drew is getting better and better about staying up later or skipping naps. However, for Landon, when it's bedtime, it's bedtime and he likes to let you know.
I decided that we'd go for the dinner and take our suits in case everyone was still happy and in good spirits at 8. We ate dinner and visited with some work friends. Of course everyone loved meeting Landon!
Around 730, Landon was getting fussy, but I nursed him and then he was fine so we decided to venture in the park! Brian and Drew changed and I decided to stay dry with Landon. I pushed Landon around the park while Brian and Drew played in the water. I thought Landon would fall asleep in the stroller, but he was having fun looking at everyone and chewing on his pacifier strap!
Drew had a blast! He played with his friend Peyton in the little splash pool, and then Drew and Brian floated some in the lazy river. They took a pit stop to try out the wave pool. Drew loved the wave pool! I had fun walking around with Landon and chatting with some work friend. The park was closed to the public so the whole park was only CPC people which was pretty awesome! Brian and I decided that we should start drying off no later than 9:15 because we knew at some point it would get too late and the night would go downhill and fast. We timed it just right because as soon as Drew started drying off to change, Landon was getting fussy. But we made it to the car and home with minimal crying - so it all worked out great!
It took me awhile to remember the camera, but here are some pictures of the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment