Dear Peanut,
We've just reached our third trimester so we've been together 6ish months and have just under 3 months to go! Every day I am getting more anxious to meet you! The stress is starting to kick in as your dad and I have not yet done much planning for your new room yet. We've gotten as far as deciding on what color to paint the nursery (orange), but as we learned with your older brother, just because we've chosen the color doesn't mean actually picking out the paint hue will be easy.
We first learned that you existed July 4th. A few days before this, I couldn't stop eating peanuts. It just made sense to me to nickname you Peanut while you are kickin' it inside me. So far, you have been a little easier to carry than Drew was. I think this is mainly because I knew what I was getting into this time around. You did make me throw up a lot, but for some reason every other day I was spared from the nausea. It also lasted a few weeks less than it did with Drew. I am thankful for that.
You are quite the mover. I think I felt you pretty early. So early (11ish weeks) that I was convinced I didn't really know what I was talking about. But after a few weeks I decided it was in fact you that I felt. You constantly move. It amazes me. Sometimes you are moving when I'm walking! I'm convinced that you won't sleep once you are born because I don't think are sleeping in the womb. I hope you prove me wrong :) I am carrying you the same way I carried Drew, with your what seem like size 11 baby feet up in my ribs on my right side (32 week update, you have in fact moved and are tranverse/breech). I feel like you will be tall because it seems like you reach from my entire mid-section and sometimes I just need to stretch in order to feel comfortable (and get those feet out of my lungs!). You also have a tendency to start moving when I read Drew's bedtime story. You like being read to, too! Your dad has felt you move some already - I think he first felt you around 20 weeks. I think your older brother has felt you too but he didn't act like he did. And you are just getting big enough and strong enough that I can actually see my stomach move when you move.
You've given me some strong kicks, but thankfully you have missed my major organs so they haven't been painful. Speaking of kicks, your loving brother has kicked you a few times. I think all the cushion you have buffers it so I'm not sure how much you feel. He is quick to say sorry and hug you, but I think this is good preparation for what it's like to have an older brother.
Besides just wanting to eat chocolate and candy all day long, you haven't been hungry for anything particular - no cravings! I can pretty much each anything right now too as long as I don't eat too much of it. Before I even knew you were here, I had an aversion to coffee - the thought of it made me queasy. Something that happened with Drew too. That aversion has long since passed though.
These next few weeks you are supposed to keep putting on weight and getting ready for your arrival. I will be doing the same :)
Love,
Mommy
![]() |
| Sonogram at 32 weeks |

No comments:
Post a Comment