Monday, October 28, 2013

20 Week Ultra Sound

One of these days, we will have the capability to add pictures to this blog, but that day is not today...

On Friday, I had my mid-term ultrasound.  In the words of the ultrasound technician, the baby is "perfect."  During this scan, she took measurements of the limbs and head and made sure the organs looked healthy.  It's always comforting to hear that eveything with the baby is on track. 

Peanut will be a surprise baby just like Drew was in terms of gender, so Brian and I looked away when the tech was measuring the legs, and checking out the lower organs like the bladder.  We still got to see the feet though.  And we saw the face, hands, spine, and heart (148 heartbeat).  Even though this is the second time around, I still was in awe when I saw the spine - I can't believe my body can grow another human!

At this point, the baby should weigh at least 8 ounces, but Peanut measured in at 13 ounces!  Peanut is head down and his/her feet are to my right side.  This is the same as how I carried Drew.

The other thing the tech noted was how active this baby is!  I can feel Peanut pretty much any time I am still.  I am carrying a little mover and shaker!  I thought Drew was active (he kicked me a lot), but I think this baby moves even more.

We will have another ultra sound toward the end of the pregnancy around 34 weeks to check that Peanut's growth is still on schedule.

And one day I will add the sonograms to this post...

No comments:

Post a Comment