Drew started getting another cold at the beginning of this week. On Thursday, I decided to make an appointment for him the next day. He started having diarrhea and the last time he had an ear infection that was really his only symptom. Thursday evening all Drew wanted to do was lay on me and watch Cat in the Hat. This is so unlike him (the snuggling, not the Cat in the Hat part) so I was glad I had made the appointment. Obviously something was bothering him!
He seemed more normal when he woke up on Friday, but not quite 100%. Turns out he had a ruptured ear drum :( and an upset tummy. I think the ear drum probably ruptured sometime Thursday night and that's why he felt so bad in the evening. Once the drum ruptures, the pressure in the ear is relieved so the infection isn't as painful. Poor guy.
The doctor gave us ear drops, antibiotics and probiotics. The first two are for his ear and the probiotics are to help his stomach especially since the antibiotics can be rough on it. She also told us no milk for two days! I knew this was going to be a challenge, but Drew has been a trooper and only once got really upset when he couldn't have any milk. Drew's appetite is starting to get better today so I think he's on the upswing. He still seems not quite as energetic as usual, but he's definitely starting to feel better.
 |
| Being silly with his napkin - no idea where he learned this trick. |
 |
| Playing with blocks the lazy way |
 |
| Snuggling and watching football |
No comments:
Post a Comment