Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What happened to my baby?

I've been thinking this for awhile, but yesterday Drew really made it clear yesterday that he is no longer a baby, but he is a little boy.

Usually when I pick him up from daycare, I literally pick him up!  Especially when he was still in the younger room, he would run over to me as soon as he saw me and not let me put him back down.  In the larger room, he still comes over to see me (unless they are playing outside), but he's quickly ready to get down again.

Yesterday Drew was outside with his class playing.  I let him play for awhile after I got there and then finally I went over to him and said, It's time to go home!  I thought he was going to protest as he usually does but before I even had a chance to pick him he starts walking for the door!  He walked all the way back inside and then to his classroom so we could pick up his lunch bag and then to the car.  He even crawled into the car and his carseat (with some help)!

I really can't believe how fast he's growing up!

In other news, Drew now has 2 molars!  Last week I thought I saw the one on the right but wasn't 100% sure.  Then over the weekend I decided to put some orajel on his gums because he was fussy and his mouth seemed to be bothering him.  While I did that I felt the right molar, but I also felt the left molar!  Now he just needs to the top molars to come in, and he'll be ready to chew up a storm!  (I find it weird that the canines come in after the molars even though they are next in the line up, anyone know why??)

[I will try to post some pictures tonight if my computer cooperates.  Also, we have significantly decreased the number of pictures we take in a day/week, but there are a few from the weekend to share...]

No comments:

Post a Comment