This year I decided was the year that the boys and I would plant flowers. I had low expectations for the event, believing I'd have help for all of 15 minutes and then I'd be doing the rest of it myself while making sure no one ran into the street. However, the boys were naturals!
The first Saturday of Spring Break, we took a trip to Walmart Garden Center (next year, we will go to Home Depot for our flowers). We all picked out some flowers (Landon had to have yellow ones) and went on our way.
Once we got home, we set out to work. I showed the boys how far to dig the hole and how to put the flower in it, and then cover it back up. Drew was excellent at digging holes! Landon was a natural at putting the flowers in the hole. Then I came along and filled the dirt back in!
 |
| Getting dirty and getting to work |
 |
| On a mission |
 |
| Working our color pattern |
No comments:
Post a Comment