Friday, June 16, 2017

Chicago

We made a trip to Chicago in May. Boppi and Bepaw were there babysitting Aria and Evan (and Kendall and Cole), and Leighann, Josh, Sydney, and Austin also made the trip over.

Unfortunately our outbound flight was delayed a couple of hours so by the time we made it to Jason's house, all the cousins were in bed (except Aria had gotten up and said hi, then went back to bed).

Sunday, all the littles played together while Brian and I did the ChicagoLand Marathon. Let me be clear, Brian ran it, I spectated it :) I really enjoyed watching this marathon, and it was very spectator friendly. I was able to cheer Brian on at about 9 different mile markers which is pretty good! (We only made it to 2 spots in DC, and I think Houston marathon was 3). Of course, not having kids to tow around made it much much easier.

Sunday evening, Brian and I took our nephew Cole to his soccer game. It was really fun watching him play, but it was cold and windy. I guess since we live in Houston, (almost) everywhere we go is always going to be colder.

Monday we all went to the Brookfield Zoo! What a great day! It was a little chilly, but not too bad and all the adults (expect maybe Josh) and all the littles had a great day! Everyone aged 6 and less was asleep about 30 seconds into the car ride home.

Drew had a lot of fun playing with his little cousins! Landon had a lot of fun looking for the cats, Rocky and Peaches, petting the dogs (Gracie and Brutus, and Miley and Bandit) and in general just running around!










No comments:

Post a Comment